Shupper-Brickle Equipment Co. – Standard Terms & Policies
By purchasing our products or services, you agree to these terms of sale.
1. Terms. Shupper-Brickle Equipment accepts payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or with Net terms on an approved established account, based on a credit review. All orders totaling $10,000 or more must be fully paid in advance or with progress payments of 25% upon placement of the order, 65% upon readiness to ship (prior to release of shipment), and 10% due upon shipment or within 30 days with approved credit. Accounts that remain inactive for three or more years must reapply for credit. Accounts with open terms that pay by credit card will incur a 3.5% processing fee. Orders placed online (web orders) are always payable by credit card at the time of purchase.
2. Payment. Orders on approved accounts totaling $10K or less are payable within 30 days net from the date of invoice. Interest at a rate of 1.5% per month may be charged on overdue accounts. Should legal proceedings and/or collection be necessary, Shupper-Brickle Equipment Co shall be entitled to recover all legal costs, including but not limited to collection and attorney’s fees and interest.
3. Sales Tax. Shupper-Brickle Equipment collects sales tax in New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Kentucky. For deliveries to any of these states, sales tax will be charged. To deduct sales tax or establish your tax exemption, a properly executed tax exemption form from the applicable state, including tax identification number and authorized signature, must be forwarded for our records. Sales tax refunds will only be extended for certificates provided within 90 days of the invoice date. Be advised that “picking up” from our location in New Jersey constitutes a taxable sale in NJ.
4. Product Returns. All returns must have prior authorization and an RGA number. To obtain authorization, fill out Shupper-Brickle’s RGA Request form or contact your sales manager. Materials returned without authorization will be refused and returned at the owner’s expense. All requests for return must be made within 30 days of the original invoice date (except for cases of potential warranty claims). After obtaining an RGA number, promptly return the items to the directed address with the RGA number shown on the carton and delivery ticket. Returns must be received within two weeks of the RGA’s issue. All return shipments must be sent by prepaid freight. Shupper-Brickle will not accept collect shipments. A 20% restocking fee is generally applicable to all returns, though additional charges may apply per the manufacturer’s policy. Custom-designed equipment and customized parts, including custom-cut lengths of chain, are not returnable. Parts or equipment that have been used or abused are also not returnable. Also, items are non-returnable whenever specified by the sales order.
5. Freight Policy. Unless otherwise stated, all orders are shipped FOB shipping point with freight costs and handling fees paid by Shupper-Brickle and charged to the Buyer. Shupper-Brickle will pass through all manufacturers’ shipping allowances, typically found on orders weighing five hundred pounds or more. Any request for freight collect shipments must be made at the time of the order and accompanied by the specific account number. Shipments by UPS COD are available on items shipping from Shupper-Brickle’s location, and where applicable, the buyer will pay for any inbound freight.
5a.Web Order Freight Policy: Packages weighing less than 150 lbs and within standard sizing guidelines will be shipped by UPS, with charges calculated at the time of the order. Requests for freight collect shipments by new customers must be made at the time of the order and can be processed by phone orders only. Shipments by UPS COD are available by phone order on items shipping from Shupper-Brickle’s location, and where applicable, the buyer will pay for any inbound freight.
6. Storage. If the ordered products are not shipped within fifteen (15) days after notification to Shupper-Brickle that they are ready for shipping, for any reason beyond Shupper-Brickle Equipment’s reasonable control, including Buyer’s failure to provide shipping instructions, Shupper-Brickle Equipment may store such products at Buyer’s risk in warehouse or yard upon Shupper-Brickle’s premises, and Buyer shall pay all handling, transportation and storage costs upon submission of invoices.
7. Technical information. Any drawings, models, or samples submitted by Shupper-Brickle shall remain the property of Shupper-Brickle, and shall be treated as confidential information, unless Shupper-Brickle has expressed in writing any contrary intent. No use or disclosure of such drawings, models, or samples or any design or production techniques revealed thereby, shall be made without the express written consent of Shupper-Brickle Equipment.
8. Release & Hold Harmless. If Buyer (1) provides their own measurements or nonstandard specifications for customized equipment (2) uses any material furnished or services rendered by the seller in departure from the manufacturer’s recommendations(3) purchases such material sold by Shupper-Brickle equipment as obsolete, after-market or remnant material, Buyer agrees to indemnify and hold Shupper-Brickle harmless from and against any liability, cost or expense arising out of or attributable to the materials or services furnished by Shupper-Brickle in connections with any personal injury (including death) or property damage to any person arising out of or attributable to such materials or services whether or not modified by the buyer.
9. Installation. Where Shupper-Brickle Equipment has quoted installation of equipment, we assume free & clear access to the installation location, unless otherwise discussed or preplanned. Violation of this term may result in additional charges.
Updated: November 1, 2016